Ok few issues I think we should have in mind for the next 6mths to come. Our aim: Still the 16 songs gig at Ben's and Jerry. Don't give that up.
To solve the problem of low song succession rate:
1) Find one particular artiste/band which songs we can do relatively well/decent and move on from there. I suggest currently: The Calling & The Click 5
2) Analyze the songs we can do now and find the reasons out why. We then find songs base on these type of style/genre
To increase exposure/gain stage experience
3) I hope we can go for gigs after the CT at least once every 1 month. Instead of just waiting for rock night, I think it's time we roam outside and see what's the crowd outside like. How do we react, etc. It's good for stage EXP too. This will be NA during exam periods but I hope you guys can put abit of your activities for this part of the band at least for this Non-A Level year.
4) I think we should organize frequent outings to see how other bands perform in gigs. You MAY have to pay money but....it's paying for "learning". I don't see how it's not worth. Then we can get to experience live stage conditions and see how local bands rock the stage. You guys can check out
http://soft.com.sg/forum/gigs-concerts/ for gigs.
Minh suggest we can go for the RGS concert. Rough details
6th July, Sunday
Grass Pavillion
2pm to 10pm
$20 tickets. $25 at door
Featuring local acts like Great Spy Expt and Electricos, MGS BANDAGE Finding Michelle, Redeeming the Riot (ACS), 10 mins late (HCI), and other school bands.
Full details here:
http://soft.com.sg/forum/gigs-concerts/68216-festival-future-6th-july-2008-glass-pavilion-very-good-bands.htmlHopefully ALL of us can go.